Sunday, 11 May 2014

In May ...


And off we go, to the holiday season. Les vacances, las vacaciones, der Ferrien, de vakantie.
 

No, (unfortunately) I’m not about to spend some time abroad. It’s just that the month of May inaugurates summer season. The former spring feeling has moved over and made way for summer vibes, allowing the season of sunny days and “beaching”, glorious feelings and leisure to take over our lives.

How come I already feel like being on vacation when, in fact, I still have to wait about three months before I actually have a few weeks off? It must be the May feast days and public holidays (among others the first of May; a good start is half the work, you know) that fill me with, well ... let’s say a sabbatical sense of relaxation. The many birthdays that are celebrated in the fifth month of the year (more about this here) probably contribute to the summer sensation as well.

Anyway, in practice this means: no more Easter decorations (like eggs, bunnies and baby chicks) but a marine atmosphere reigning over the living room. (More about this here and here.) All I want for the moment is a room that breathes summer breeze and that screams “HOLIDAY”. You know, like the aura of the pictures below.
P.S. Thank you Pinners for supplying me with those wonderful pictures.

sources: pinterest & custom vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment