Sunday, 6 April 2014

Temptation Island


At the beginning of this year I told myself not to buy any bags in 2014. So far I’ve managed but honestly, it has been difficult. Wherever I look, they’re there: Louis Vuitton and Delvaux bags, blinking at me; yelling my name. Advertisements of high-class second hand websites are the most tempting and the hardest to ignore. It feels like I am on temptation Island (aka the Isle of Bags) but still I haven’t collapsed. I've tried really hard to put the bags out of my mind ... by looking for nice shoes. Unfortunately the footwear I wanted seemed nowhere to be found, only I forgot about Fred de la Bretoniere

The contemporary boots were originally designed in the seventies
and are characteristic of the Fred de la Bretoniere style. 
It had been a while since I passed by the Fred store and when I remembered I decided to pay him a visit. Jackpot! There were like three pairs that really met my “demand” (i.e. a pair of boots that will serve as a worthy replacement for the beige summer (of 2011) Earthkeepers boots, that I wear with everything – skinny trousers and flares, dresses and skirts, at work and everywhere else I go.) Anyway, I found what I was looking for. Which basically comes down to this: I am now the proud owner of a pair of original SHABBIES and no new bag. Call this a miracle if you want because really, in true shoe-desperation, I almost did buy a piece of new "armwear".

P.S. Kind of pathetic, don't you think, nagging about things NOT to buy?

No comments:

Post a Comment