Friday, 26 July 2013

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe


An annual topic that has to be discussed before leaving for the summer holiday (we’re off tomorrow) is which handbag to take with me. The easiest way to make this decision would be putting all the bags on a row and do the eeny, meeny, miny, moe rhyme thing like children do so often in games. As I’m an adult with bag-issues this matter is far more complicated than that to me.
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe ...
you’re coming with me Louis Vuitton Papillon
Anyhow, a thought that always crosses my mind when the bag-issue is raised: buying myself a new bag. From year to year this idea is realized but some years I manage to control the “hunger” for bags and I’ve got the feeling that 2013 is such a year. (Unlike the past few years, when I did some serious bad (bag) bargains while preparing myself for the holiday.)

No new bag means I have to take an old one with me and that’s why the Louis Vuitton Papillon (see pic) will carry the essentials for me during this year’s holiday. She may seem too glamorous and chic for a vacation but after five years I think the time is right to show this precious baby places outside brave little Belgium, especially since Louis Vuitton promotes the art of travelling. Besides, the butterfly bag must be getting bored: so far I’ve tried to “save” her by only carrying her around on special occasions and nights out. She should know there's more to life than parties and moreover: even a bag needs a break every once in a while. No better way to make this happen than by taking her on holiday, right?

Whew, one less thing to worry about. Now I can start packing and cleaning the apartment. 

P.S. Yet I’m thinking ... if I hurry I could still make it to the LV store today and buy a Speedy monogram. In the end, you know, that bag has always looked like the ideal travel purse to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment