Friday, 26 April 2013

The unexpected visit


Last Wednesday evening, while brainstorming about a new blogpost all of a sudden: a knock on the door. I was home alone (Le Boyfriend had to work late) so I walked to the door and asked: “Who’s there?” 
The unexpected visitor from the other side of the door: “Mr. Fever.”
Me again: “If you would excuse me: I don’t need anything from you right now.”
Then, another stranger from the other side of the door: “And Ms. Flu, isn’t she welcome?” 
Me: “No, thanks. You are not missed around here either.” 
(Meanwhile my arms were covered in goose bumps and I could feel my heartbeat in my throat. What if they wouldn't leave?) 

I waited ... no more answers and no more knocking on the door either, so I decided to go back to blogging. I didn’t feel very well for the rest of the evening but I supposed the surprise visit had upset me a little bit. Above all it were unwelcome guests that had to be dealt with.


When I woke up yesterday morning (Thursday) I knew it right away: the unexpected visitors had broken into our home that night. I panicked and realized, being all warm, dizzy and suffering from pain everywhere, the fever must have hit me that night. I felt Ms. Flu was still somewhere in the house, ready to attack me later that day. And she did.

That’s why I’m lying in the sofa, trying to make a post. Just know that I owe you a well prepared blogpost anytime soon. And let’s hope spring fever hits me quickly and bans the dark fever, the one that makes me all nauseous and keeps me from real blogging.

source picture: http://users.bergen.org/dondew/bio/AnP/Anp2/AnP2Tri2/AnP2Tri2_2012RESPAP1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment