Sunday, 6 November 2011

the Bible

I'm not much of a believer, but I do have a Bible. It's not a Bible as such with old texts about good people and love and peace etc. No, it is a special one, entitled the Audrey Hepburn Treasures.


I bought this book about five years ago but I haven't read it entirely yet, despite the fact that there's not too much text in there. It is just that every time I actually do want to read the book, I am distracted by the pretty, interesting, stylish pictures that go with the texts... and I end up looking at the pictures.

The AHT is a biography: "a unique personal narrative that includes pictures and artefacts, mementos from Audrey's life". The extras are removable and sorted out per chapter: it goes from a birth certificate to movie scripts, invites and tickets for movies, etc. (and keep me even more from reading the texts).


Since I was a kid (let's say twelve or so) I have adored Audrey.


Do you recognize this advertisments from Longines? The Tiffany's hairdo, Audrey wearing all these pearls and diamonds, holding that typical long cigarette (Yep, she even manages to smoke in an elegant way!)... That's how I got to know who Audrey Hepburn was. Quite great first impression, don't you think?

The first movie with Audrey that I've seen is Breakfast at Tiffany's. It made me like her even more: the trenchcoat, her eyeliner (you know, back then when I saw the movie, eyeliner wasn't as popular as it is nowadays), her dresses, her way of talking... Impossible not to love her!

When I bought this book a few years ago, I found just what I needed: a treasure. My true guide for life, all about elegance, inspiration and advise based upon Audrey Hepburn's style and life. Can't but be the Bible!

No comments:

Post a Comment