Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Spring Festival- Outfit




This weekend (May 21st), I have a family party to attend to: my bf's "little" sister ("little" is not the appropriate word I suppose; as I'm double her age, but she's already as tall as I'm) turned twelve two months ago, and she organizes (e.i. her parents) a "spring festival". (I don't know how to say it in English: it is what non-Christians do instead of taking the (First) Communion at the age of twelve. In Dutch, we call it "lentefeest") However, I took this opportunity to buy myself something new, something to complete a party outfit.




Some of you may remember the cherry blossomed skirt and the booties that go so perfectly well with it. Well when I wore that outfit a few weeks ago (spring turned unexpectedly into summer here in Belgium) I discovered that I had no cardigan or jacket to wear with the skirt. That's how I got the idea to by myself
a jeansjacket. So yesterday- after weeks of non-stop schoolwork- I finally got the chance to go jeansjacket hunting. It went quite well, except for the overpriced ones I tried on (almost all were over hundred Euro's!!!). But in the end, after an hour, the hunting was over and I found myself a good one, not too overpriced and totally what I was looking for.

So here you are, some pictures of the "completed" party outfit. The scarf doesn't really match the colour of the t-shirt, but it's just in case of emergency, if it's cold. (If the weather remains the same, I definitely will have to wear it. But the weather forecast says it will be better. However, you never know, I mean, it is Belgium we're talking about.)





Bag: Louis Vuitton, Boots: Timberland Earthkeepers, Jeansjacket: American Outfitters, Scarf: Jacpot, Skirt: Pom, t-shirt: Petit Bateau

No comments:

Post a Comment